WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SECURE MY WEDDING DATE AND VENUE?
Your Catering Sales Manager will conduct a thorough inspection of dates, spaces and locations. Upon selection of your wedding date, a Catering Agreement will be prepared and your date will be confirmed upon receipt of your deposit. Your account is then turned over to a Special Events Manager to begin the planning process of your wedding.
WHAT DOES THE RANCH LB SPECIAL EVENTS MANAGER HANDLE?
- Provides a list of special event professionals detailing custom decor options and offers advice on selection of event professionals
- Acts as a menu consultant for all food and beverage selections
- Schedules and conducts banquet menu tasting or restaurant dining experience
- Details your Banquet Event Orders and Wedding Resume, outlining your entire event
- Is the liaison between your outside Wedding Coordinator, working with your family, wedding party, band/DJ, florist, photographer, videographer and other vendors to create a seamless process
- Creates an estimate of charges outlining your financial commitments and deposit schedule
- Creates a floor plan of your function space so you can provide seating arrangements
- Works with your Wedding Consultant to create a timeline for your entire wedding day, including the pre-ceremony preparations, ceremony and reception
- Coordinates with your Wedding Consultant to oversee rehearsal for on-site ceremonies
- Oversees the ceremony and reception room(s) setup, food preparation and all required hotel services
- Delivers and arranges ceremony programs, escort cards, place cards, favors and any personal items
- Is the on-site liaison between you and our hotel operations staff • Ensures a seamless transition to the hotel’s Banquet Captain once the grand entrance has occurred
- Reviews your banquet checks for accuracy, prior to the completion of the final bill
WHAT DOES AN OUTSIDE WEDDING COORDINATOR HANDLE?
- Meet & Greet: Review meeting the day prior to the wedding to discuss wedding day itinerary, vendor information, timeline and all other wedding day details
- Coordination of ceremony rehearsal for wedding party (following the review meeting)
- Greeting and directing vendors on site
- Oversees proper setup and design of ceremony and reception areas
- Receives deliveries
- Setup of wedding items provided by client to The Ranch LB, including toasting glasses, cake serving sets, guestbook, seating cards, place cards, programs, menus, favors, additional decor, etc.
- Oversees setup of floral, linens and other items in collaboration with contracted vendors for each specified service
- Close monitoring of schedule and itinerary throughout the day
- Guides the client through the day, keeping the couple and immediate wedding party abreast of upcoming events (pictures, grand entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc.)
- Assists wedding party and family with any needs, questions or concerns
- Assistance with attire and florals (bustling gown, pinning corsages and boutonnieres)
- Coordination and queuing of ceremony (detailing appearance, posture and pacing) in tandem with ceremony musicians
- Assists in guiding all guests to and from the next event, keeping them in-the-know and ensuring all their needs are met throughout the event
- Direction of reception events in tandem with Master of Ceremony (DJ or band)
- Communication with The Ranch LB's Banquet Team to streamline menu delivery
- Ensures end-of-event arrangements are made for gifts, guest book, toasting flutes, etc.
- Consistently available and ready to take care of any unexpected occurrences
DO YOU PROVIDE A TASTING OF THE FOOD WE SELECT?
WHEN MAY I COME AND WHAT IS INCLUDED?
We are pleased to offer a sample menu tasting for weddings with a food and beverage minimum of $20,000 or more. Tastings are offered on a first-come, first-served basis Tuesday–Thursday starting at 1:00pm. Tasting menu selections will be discussed with your Special Events Manager (hors d’oeuvres and buffet items are not available for tasting). Tastings are limited to five (5) people. Any additional guests will be charged at $250 per person. Tastings are conducted 2–4 months prior to your wedding date.
For wedding parties with a food and beverage minimum of less than $15,000, we are happy to offer dinner for two (2) at Harvest. Please contact your Special Events Manager to schedule your complimentary dinner reservation for two.
WHO PROVIDES THE WEDDING CAKE?
Please see Vendor section.
We understand that the wedding cake is very special and unique to our couples, so we allow you to bring your cake from an outside caterer. In this instance, there will be a cake-cutting fee ($6.50 and up per person) that includes decorated plates.
HOW DO I HANDLE GRATUITIES?
WHAT ARE THE SERVICE CHARGES?
All food, beverage and special arrangements are subject to a 23% service charge and 7.75% California State Tax. The service charge covers all setup, cleanup, standard linen for tables, napkins and gratuities for banquet servers and bartenders provided by The Ranch LB. In general, all items listed on your Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) will be subject to prevailing service charge and tax. Please note that by California State Law, service charges are taxable and non-negotiable.
HOW LATE CAN ALCOHOL BE SERVED?
We recommend that alcohol service be discontinued approximately one hour prior to the end of your function. By California State Law, no alcohol may be served after 2:00am. Last call will be announced at 1:30am.
CAN I BRING IN CANDLES?
Yes, candles are allowed in our event space; however, due to fire regulations, all candles must be in a glass or ceramic holder that extends at least one inch above the flame and limited to five per table. Taper candles are not allowed. Please communicate arrangements regarding placement with your Special Events Manager. Candles may also be contracted as part of your floral arrangements with your florist. The Ranch LB can provide tea lights and holders at no additional charge (up to four per table).
DO YOU PROVIDE LINEN AND CHINA?
Yes, your service charge provides for The Ranch LB’s standard linen and napkins for your dining tables. We also provide standard china and flatware. We can rent custom linens, china and flatware for an additional fee.
WHAT SIZE TABLES DO YOU PROVIDE?
- Low and high 36” cocktail tables
- 60” & 72” banquet rounds
- 6’ x 18” and 6’ x 30” rectangular tables
These tables can be used for your guest book, place cards, photographs and dining.
** Ask about renting our unique and rustic farm tables.
WHAT TYPE OF CHAIRS DO YOU PROVIDE?
For outdoor use, we provide our standard beautiful dark fruitwood chairs for the ceremony and dinner. For indoor use, our custom-designed banquet chairs are offered. Specialty chairs and linens must be rented through your Special Events Manager and will be subject to additional fees.
HOW DO MY GUESTS RESERVE ROOMS?
A special rate can be contracted for 10 or more rooms. A “room block” guarantees a certain number of rooms exclusively for your guests. If you are interested in securing a guest room block, please contact your Catering Sales Manager.
IS THERE A PLACE FOR THE WEDDING PARTY TO CHANGE CLOTHES?
Our stunning wedding suites are available.
DO YOU PREPARE CHILDREN’S AND VENDOR MENUS?
Children’s menus are available and generally start at $60 per child (ages 3–10). Vendor meals must be provided and start at $68 per person and up. Under California Labor Code section 512, employers are required to provide employees/vendors with a meal break. For every five hours worked, a meal period of at least 30 minutes is required.
CAN YOU RECOMMEND A GOOD OFFICIANT, PHOTOGRAPHER OR FLORIST?
Yes, we have access to a wealth of stylists, makeup artists, photographers, florists, designers and officiants. Please refer to our Vendor List in this packet. Your Special Events Manager can provide guidance with vendor selections. The Ranch LB is not held liable for any vendors contracted through this list or through recommendations.
CAN WE MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO YOUR MENUS?
Our menus can be customized to your desires, within our kitchen and service capacity.
WHAT DO WE DO IN CASE OF RAIN?
We have ample indoor ballroom space based on availability. In addition, with 5–7 business days' advance notice, we can contact one of our contracted tenting vendors and arrange to have the ceremony area tented. Prices vary depending on size and type of tenting you request.
WHAT ABOUT REHEARSALS FOR THE CEREMONY?
Your rehearsal is included. They are scheduled for one hour and must be reserved through our wedding team.
WHEN SHOULD THE MUSIC END?
We highly recommend that your music ends 30 minutes before the end of your rental period or by 10:00pm for outdoor events (whichever comes first). This allows enough time for your guests to give their best wishes to you and leave for the evening before your rental time is up. Please note that all outdoor amplified music must end by 10:00pm.
All vendors, their staff and guests who stay during the reception must be included in your final guest count for all food and beverages.
CAN I TAKE ANY LEFTOVER FOOD OR BEVERAGES?
Local Health Department rulings regarding proper refrigeration and sanitation prohibit you from taking any food or beverage with the exception of your wedding cake.
WHEN CAN MY VENDORS SET UP?
Your rental period includes your vendor setup and take-down time.